Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 13 assignment



A topic that concerns me after taking this course is how I am going to incorporate technology into my classroom when I'm a teacher. I think that blogging is certainly an option. I can see having my students keep an online journal of their work. I can see assigning them to write responses to certain literary works or having them write poems of their own. I also think that youtube and skype might be helpful. I could find video's related to what my class is studying or I could have my class post their own videos. When I was in high school, we had to do a project called "The Crucible in 60 Seconds." As a teacher, if I ever had my class do an assignment like this, I would consider video taping their projects and either posting them to our class blog or posting them to youtube. Skype could be useful if I wanted to give my students the opportunity to meet a local poet or a local writer. I am so excited to start teaching and to begin implementing all of these ideas in my classroom.

Comments 4 Kids (Week 14): Cruz's Blog
Cruz made an animated video about the signing of a treaty. I can't even begin to say how impressed I am. When I was his age, I used the computer to play games. That was it. I can't believe he made that video all by himself. It's a little scary to think that my future students will be able to do this. I still have no idea how to go about making a video like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment