Monday, April 5, 2010

Comments4teachers: Speaking of History



Eric Langhorst is an 8th grade history teacher in Missouri.

Creating Historical Book Clubs
I was so excited to view this presentation about creating book clubs! I love book clubs and would love to do something like this with students in my school someday. Maybe departments could work together. There could be a historical book club and a science book club, etc.

This blog post was about an assignment that Mr. Langhorst does with his students every year. He has them watch a documentary about the Donner Party incident. He then has his students debate whether they think the Donner part was at fault for what happened to them. He records this debates and this year, he posted them on youtube and asked some experts to leave some comments for his students. He then created a podcast about all of this. I think this is really cool. I would love to do something like with with my students. I can see this fitting in with Literature discussions quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment