Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 11 Assignment




A father in Qatar read a book called The Last Child in the Woods. He was inspired by the book to take his daughter, Kaia, outdoors for a photo session to help her get in touch with nature. She took her own pictures and he helped her make a video essay about them to share on her blog with her family. Mr. Chamberlain's class saw her blog and commented on it and then made a Voicethread response for Kaia.

I think, as a parent, I would be alarmed that people other than my relatives were viewing my daughter's blog. I would be afraid of a stalker. As a teacher, I would be excited that I was connecting my students with other children around the world so that they could learn together. As a student, I would be grateful for the learning experience. It is so cool to see our world getting smaller and smaller as technology advances.

I think that we have to proceed with caution, but that creating a learning network across the globe is a worthwhile effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment